Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Foodie Thursday: Meat

By Tom

Sorry, things got away from me this week so perfume review.

I did have a friend ask me out to dinner, naming several places in the area. I chose a place in the Beverly Center I could walk to and met my friend. The restaurant is one of the many in the area that specializes in beef (It's interesting that considering the California reputation for eating tofu and air and Hollywood's reputation for saying "hold the tofu" that there would be so many of these places clustered within or just outside of Beverly Hills, but there you go, another myth shattered.)

It was restaurant week in Los Angeles, and this place had an inexpensive Prix Fixe deal on a small filet mignon. Now, I don't eat meat very often- it's usually served at some event honoring someone or another that I get an invitation to as everybody's back-up husband (I'm not complaining.) I know it's not the best thing in the world for you so I don't order it often.

But oh was this good: done the way I love it seared on the outside and almost raw on the inside. Since it was only about 3 or 4 inches in diameter, I didn't even feel the meat coma I sometimes do after a big helping of it.

Do you eat meat? What's your favorite? Or do you not indulge? Feel that it's morally wrong? Don't like it? So let me know in the comments.

Image: Wikipedia

5 Comments:

Blogger Ľubaša said...

I eat the meat - every king. I do not feel guilty. It is morally OK. I like all kind of meat - but prefer not very fat... I do not think that our grand grand parents thought about morality of eating meat... this is only "new trend". Someone will not eat meat to be more moral but will buy fur where many animals have to be killed to get their skin... so...

11:59 AM EST  
Blogger Martha said...

I love meat. I think that it's morally wrong for me to eat meat. I eat it anyway. I need to work this out someday. But meanwhile, I love meat, and I especially love meat fat. Crispy poultry skin. A marble ribeye. Shatteringly crisp bacon. Slow-cooked pork belly. And, of course of course, fried chicken.

2:11 AM EST  
Blogger Darling Lily said...

I love meat. Like all other animals with those pointy little incisors, we have evolved to eat meat.

I respect those who don't eat meat for moral reasons, but I am not one of them. (I will say that I am more concerned about the conditions that the animals are kept in prior to being killed than the fact that they are killed)

Nothing more delicious than a good rare steak!

1:40 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it the way you do: seared outside and very, very rare inside. It is a lovely indulgence in winter here in PA when paired with a deep green vegetable (broccoli rabe, wilted spinach) and a crunchy outside/fluffy inside potato. Add a glass of zinfandel and it is heaven

11:54 AM EST  
Blogger marsha said...

Hey Tom! I haven't stopped by here for awhile but saw this post and I had to comment. I think it is wrong to eat meat that has become common in our society, i.e. *factory* farming. If the animal has been humanely raised and fed, then I think it is okay. But I LOVE meat and don't eat it much anymore because I can't afford it. However, I certainly do miss the steak that my late hubby and I usually had on Friday night. Filet for me! Red on the inside!

9:11 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home