Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, April 04, 2013

Mademoiselle Piguet

By Tom

Piguet is one of my favorite houses. I love and wear Bandit, love and don't wear Fracas and am extremely happy that they are being honored by not being screwed with by the new owners of the house. I love and wear Cravache which I believe is a new creation.

Noodling around Neiman Marcus I saw Mademoiselle Piguet and had to try it. It's written of as something that a younger consumer would love, one who would possibly run screaming from the retro femme fatale-ness of Fracas or butch and haughty Bandit. It's a bright, sweet citrus opening joined by fluffy orange blossom and finally tonka.

Totally didn't work for me.

It's nice for the woman (or girl) for whom it's meant. It's light and sweet and rather fleeting. In the world of Piguet fragrances it's definitely the most accessible. If that world were a 1940's movie it would be the wholesome, sweater-wearing good girl that Mr. Cravache would end up with after the romantic buffeting by the twin sirens Fracas and Bandit, who likely absconded to Morocco with his fortune and his heart. 

Mademoiselle Piguet is almost exquisitely forgettable.

$150 for 100ML, at Neiman Marcus where I asked for and received a sample.

Image: Neiman Marcus

4 Comments:

Blogger Parfumista said...

I really appreciate Mlle Piguet, its a true comfortscent and the character you describe is exactly Mlle P.But I don't think it's the most assecible Piguet,I find some interesting, contrasting vegetable notes lurking in the background, contrasting the obvious nice and comfy mainimpression of the frag.Here is my impression of the Mlle P:
http://www.parfumistansblogg.blogspot.se/2012/11/robert-piguet-mademoiselle-piguet.html

3:07 AM EDT  
Blogger Koki said...

I adore Bandit and wear it often. I have to say, I also adore the bottles of the Piguet line! Kind of like the negative image of the Chanel line. :-).

9:50 AM EDT  
Blogger Joan said...

How sad. I adore Fracas, and I like Bandit but don't wear it.

I didn't think Piguet would release anything superfluous.

4:04 PM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

Fleeting you say? Not what I would think a Piguet would ever be! I love their big, bold in-your-face fragrances.

7:40 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home