Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cold Weather Scents

By Tom

You might have noticed in the news that we in SoCal have been having a cold snap. We've had daytime highs in the mid-fifties and lows below freezing in some areas. I know the local news coverage has been sent up by no less than Jimmy Kimmel. Of course to someone in Minnesota this is practically Spring. But people in Minnesota have something we usually don't: insulation and heat. I live in a typical 50's era LA building. The heaters is a small gas-powered contraption that automatically cuts overnight, meaning that you will be getting up to a 33° bathroom either way. It's hardly fatal, but does make showering interesting.

In anycase, it does mean that I can pull out some of the heavy hitters that in summer would be considered "a bit much". Ones like MKK, Patchouli 24 and Cumming.

So what are you all wearing this winter?

Image: Wikipedia Commons

5 Comments:

Blogger Flora said...

We are having an oddly mild winter hre, so my big guns have yet to be used much. I like things like Ambre Narguile and Bal a Versailles in the winter, but so far I have only been able to wear them when I am not working. I have sneaked a few moderate ambers and Orientals into the office, such as Fath de Fath and vintage Crown of Gold from Crown Perfumery, and so far no one has been overcome by the fumes!

1:42 AM EST  
Blogger Tammy said...

I'm in Arkansas now, but lived in SoCal for almost 30 years. You neglected to mention the lack of weather stripping around the doors and windows.

Newer construction probably has it, but I never lived in a house or apartment that did.

11:47 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heavy hitters...I'm enjoying my Youth Dew for cold weather, as well as some rich, vintage Shalimar. Most of the Guerlain I reserve for winter wear: Mitsouko, L'Instant PH. A perverse favorite for ice-cold weather is Terre d'Hermes which, say what you will, has something of Christmas in it...!

12:15 AM EST  
Blogger SwagScent said...

Gotta love Dior Homme Intense

1:26 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just found a great one: Sexy Angelic by Honore des Pres.

Orientals work too though, Ambre Russe is my favorite.

5:38 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home