Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Tickle Me: Eau Pear Tingle by Opus Oils

By Tom

It's not a secret that I really like Opus Oils, the Hollywood-based house known for it's cheeky, wink-wink packaging containing seriously nice scents.  Recently, house nose Kedra Hart took up the challenge to create a scent that could be experienced by people who were anosmic to scent. 

This of course makes the scent hard to review, since I am anything but unable to smell perfume.  So I can't comment on its central purpose; I can comment on what I'm smelling.  Eau Pear Tingle starts off with a literal tingle of mint.  It's not mint in a chewing gum kind of way: it's like going into your garden to the plant, ripping off a handful and burying your nose it the torn leaves.  It's bright and peppery and quite wonderful (do I smell parsley in there?).  It's joined by lime blossom, pear and musk that balance each other perfectly: the pear is juicy while the musk and lime cuts the sweetness.  It kind of reminds me a little bit of Annick Goutal Un Matin d'Orage, not necessarily in the notes but in the sort of green and vaguely watery aspect to it, like wandering in an orchard after a hard rain.  Jasmine is discernible but not overwhelming while the listed pine seems to be there only to add some more "tingle" rather than being up in the front: Filles en Auguilles this isn't.

Would I wear it?  No.  Pear and I aren't friends, no matter how well done.  I also think this is one that I'd rather smell on a woman than on a man: there's something about its musky sweetness that makes me think of the nape of the neck of a woman who has just pulled up her hair into a chignon to escape the warmth of the afternoon and is enjoying feeling the breeze, lightly pressing her icy glass of mint tea to her throat.  It's another feather in the cap for Kedra Hart and Opus Oils and can see why it was nominated for a FiFi award.

Available at their website in various sizes and products.  My sample was sent by the perfumer.  Image from their website.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Monica said...

I ordered a full bottle after my sample. I really like this cheery-sexy scent. Yes, I'm a woman :) XO M

9:58 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

good for you!

11:05 PM EST  
Blogger janelc said...

I love Kendra's fragrances, very unique. This one sounds like another winner.Congrats Kendra!

11:07 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

it is one!

5:03 AM EST  
Anonymous Parfum Bio said...

So cute :)

9:05 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home