Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Saturday, September 17, 2011

L’Artisan Parfumeur Ile Bourbon Candle


When I look at the name of Île Bourbon, I expect – and so would many, I guess – a vanilla candle. Do we have many vanilla candles already? If you are anything like me, the answer is yes.

But Île Bourbon is more than a vanilla scent. Evoking a tropical paradise, after one of which it is named after all, Île Bourbon smells gloriously fresh, floral, spicy and softly sweet with a little darkness added. It is exotic and warm, it smells exactly like the soft, golden light of a candleflame looks.

Sit down with a good book, light that candle and start dreaming. It works like a charm.

Île Bourbon includes notes of vanilla, orange, citrus and nutmeg and is available at L’Artisan Parfumeur.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

This sounds like more than just another vanilla candle, it sounds dreamy!

Scented candles are a lovely little indulgence.

4:08 AM EDT  
Anonymous lady jane grey said...

We have a house rule at home : candles are lit between October 1 and April 15 (yes, I know, we're strange...).
So tomorrow I leave for holiday and when I come back I can lit the first one in this A/W season - I hate winter, but undoubtedly there are some things I can be looking forward to...

7:06 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

***deeply inhaling in my imagination***

Yum! I really, really, love the idea of these candles... hmmm, I bet I'll finally be able to sniff then at Neiman Marcus!

11:20 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tara,
candles are such an instant cosiness amplifier, aren't they? (I think I just made that word up, but it fits!) :)

12:19 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Candle time starts soon, yay! :)
Hava a wonderful vacation, Lady Jane Grey!

12:22 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so great you have the perfume world at your fingertips
now! I wish I could explore Austin's perfume scene with you! :)

12:24 PM EDT  
Blogger ネコチョコ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:07 PM EDT  
Blogger ネコチョコ said...

Vanilla candles sounds dreamy.I believe it has a fantastic sweet smell.
welcome to my website:
led candles

2:09 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

This candle was one of the ones that went on sale a couple of months ago on the L'Artisan web site, and it killed me to have to pass it up because where I live it's just way too hot for candles to be in a UPS van (or worse--a mailbox!). I learned that lesson the hard way last summer when I opened the box of a new candle only to find it's contents melted all over the inside of the box. Sure smelled good though.

3:51 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unknown,
oh, that is too bad. It sounds like a diffuser would be more appropriate for your climate.
L'Artisan also has those wonderful Amber Balls, very expensive, but they smell great, and no heat can do them harm. :)

5:10 AM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

Wow! If I could do candles (cats in the house preclude it) I would burn this! I guess I could get one and not burn it, just sniff it all the time!

1:02 AM EDT  
Blogger Shop Online!!! said...

Very Affordable perfumes and long lasting scent http://saleolshop.blogspot.com/

7:02 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home