Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, June 23, 2011

In Which Tom Got Nothing

By Tom

I got nothing.

First- the winner of the smellbent draw (via random.org) is Queen Cupcake. Please hit the "contact us" button to get a shipping address to me.

Second, I have no perfume review this week. As I mentioned on the Posse, I hurt my back and have been marinating in various creams and unguents that are so highly scented that no perfume could survive. Or if they could, no elevator-mate could survive the mix. I always wonder if those aggressive scents are part of the medicine or masking something that's far worse? I'm thinking that by the time this is posted that I will be free of twinges, capsaicin and menthol. But I do have to give an unpaid shout-out to Aspercreme Gel. It's the bomb.

If you have any tips for pleasant smelling pain rubs, let us know in the comments.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon Tom.

I can't do anything but suggest some fragrances that would not clash with caringly warming notes of the creams you use
1. Tubereuse Criminelle (Serge Lutens): eucalyptus, menthol, and buttery tuberose
2. Pomegranate Noir (Jo Malone): camphor, incense and fruit
3. L' Esprit du Tigre (Heeley): well, just that! Tiger Balm!

2:07 AM EDT  
Blogger Martinus Scriblerus said...

Seconding Espirit du Tigre, but contradicting Pomegranite Noir - on me the opoponax somehow went way over the top and it turned into Pomegranite jam.

Tell you what, a gentle oud oil would pick up some interesting facets of all those medicinal smells and tint them all a lovely shade of woody-liquorice.

Get well soon & rest up.

3:18 AM EDT  
Anonymous hongkongmom said...

try our local tiger balm

5:41 AM EDT  
Anonymous lady jane grey said...

Poor thing ! Is a warm bath soothing, or rather the opposite ?
GET WELL SOON !!!

6:55 AM EDT  
Blogger marsha said...

I thought I had tried them all, but Aspercreme gel has escaped my notice (I'm a computer athlete). I don't have a sophisticated enough nose to recommend any fragrances except may just go to a Lush boutique where the smell would just drown everything else out!

Maybe you need a nice soothing massage from a cute somebody?

I hope you get better soon! Miss your writing.

8:05 AM EDT  
Blogger queen_cupcake said...

Hi Tom, I hope you'll be feeling better very soon. Unfortunately, I don't know of any pleasant smelling pain rubs. I guess they all need to be intensely camphoric to work well...ever tried Tiger Balm? Pee-yoo. Maybe you ought to just steep in the stuff and when you feel better, your favorite fragrances will be like welcoming old friends back into the house. Thanks for the tip on Aspercreme Gel--I'm going to stock some for my husbands periodic back pains.

8:47 AM EDT  
Blogger bevfred said...

I got nothing! I design and make semi-precious jewelry and every now and then, those are my sentiments exactly.
I hope your back is on the mend.
My fave product is Voltarin Emugel and lots of Robax products.
Feel better and your creativity will return in spades.

11:01 AM EDT  
Anonymous Monica said...

Tom, I guess I could send you some of my St.Johnswort Oil- it doesn't really smell of anything except olive oil- it's unscented. I absolutely agree about topical pain med gel/oil smells being..annoying..and in fact that problem has occupied my mind on and off for years. St. Johnswort oil topically is a nerve sedative and anti-inflammatory. btw, I'm an Herbalist! XO MMM

10:16 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home