Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dirty Candy Jasmine: Bruno Acampora Jasmin



By Marina

Actually, it's Poopy Candy Jasmine, in my highly scientific jasmine classification, but I decided not to put that in the title. Bruno Acampora's might just be one of the most indolic and sweet jasmines I know. It is fairly simple: you smell the indolic facet, you smell the honeyed one. That's all there is to say about its developement or lack thereoff. But it is perhaps this very straightforwardness that makes the fragrance appear so natural, so life-like....perhaps even large than life...like a wall-sized close-up of the petals...

The unapologetic indolic quality of the composition further contributes to this very realistic feel of Jasmin. To me, it is also what makes it so attractive. “There is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself,” said Herman Melville. The heavenly beauty of the floral aspect of jasmine might be so irresistible to us (it has to be, given the amount of perfumes trying to replicate it!) exactly because it is perceived side by side with the very base fecal aspect.

Having said that, this one is for hardcore jasminophiliacs and skank-lovers, and even they will surreptitiously wonder, like I do, what's wrong with them if they like this stuff. Others should try this candy once, just to say they've done it.

Available at Luckyscent, $175.00 for 10ml

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you know what scares me the most here? The price! :)

6:11 AM EST  
Blogger waftbyCarol said...

Do you want me to send you a sample of any of the others in the line ?

7:34 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Synthetic jasmines (squeaky clean and indole-free!) have been used for so long now, most people have no idea what real jasmine smells like, especially the uber-skanky jasmine sambac. I grew up with the real flowers, so I prefer the real to the fake. I can understand the price in light of the apparent high concentration of real jasmine, but how did they get it past IFRA??
-Marla

7:58 AM EST  
Blogger JoanElaine said...

Oooh, I must get my hands on this! I have become a "dirty" jasmine fiend. After trying Acampora's Prima T (Thanks, Carol!) I want sample the rest of his line.

8:41 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

B
the price definitely bites :)

9:53 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Carol,
thank you so much, I think I have all the samples. Like Musc and Blu a lot too. Which ones are your favorite?

9:53 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Marla,
maybe they at BA don't care? :)

9:54 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

JoanElaine
let me know what you think of it!

9:55 AM EST  
Blogger ScentScelf said...

That crushed vial of Manoumalia I stashed in the cabinet was pretty unapologetic, too. Redolent of indoles, it was.

When it comes to fecal, it is harder for me to hold it in tension with an "other" than it is for me to deal with my nemesis, cumin skank.

It's probably indolence on my part, but my gut tells me I don't have a strong need to try this one.

;)

11:38 AM EST  
Anonymous Victoria said...

Hmm, I like indoles and I love jasmine, but this one sounds like it would be too much. Is it more indolic than Sarrasins?

11:43 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

S,
probably not...
so what's worse, cumin or indoles?

11:44 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

V,
going uopn my *vague* memory of Sarraasins, I'd say definitely yes.

11:46 AM EST  
Blogger Ines said...

Hmm, I want to try it because I think I'll love it but I'm scared. What if my skank level is not as high as I thought it were?
Really, it sounds wonderfully seductive.

5:23 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Ines,
I have faith in you and your threshhold of skank tolerance! :)

8:24 PM EST  
Blogger Flora said...

I really wanna smell this but no thanks to the price!?!

10:43 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Donna,
Yeah...but a sample would go a long way :) Long, long way :)

11:24 AM EST  
Anonymous Sturdooo said...

You know me and jasmine. This sounds heavenly!

11:17 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

I'd be curious to know what a jasmine expert thinks of it! :)

12:36 PM EST  
Blogger Brian said...

How does it compare/relate to Lush Lust, Marina? Just out of curiosity.

9:34 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Brian,
Lust is PG at most, this one is Xrated :) Much more indolic, stronger and "thicker" smelling if that makes sense.

9:39 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home