Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Friday, October 29, 2010

Top 10 of Fall 2010

PST is joining with our friends at to celebrate our favorite scents for Fall.

Alyssa
Tigerflag Natural Saffron Attar
When cut 1:8 with jojoba oil, this attar is both relatively economical and flat out gorgeous. A smooth, honeyed saffron with mellow floral notes and no trace of medicinal bitterness, it has a modest sillage that mixes beautifully with the scent of autumn leaves and cool fall air.

Beth
I've fallen madly in love with Juliette has a Gun's gorgeous and utterly devastating perfume Citizen Queen. She's a very vintage and ladylike chypre that reminds me of my beloved Bal a Versailles, yet she's sexy and arrogant with an edginess that borders on cruel....Lots of yummy leather, amber and violet here to play with!

Donna
I find myself reaching for vintage Miss Dior even more frequently as the days grow crisp and cool; its mossy, sexy warmth and earthy base notes are perfect for any time of day or night, and wearing it makes me feel stylish and elegant even when I am dressed in a comfy sweater and my favorite jeans.

Kelley
Chergui
by Serge Lutens. I love its honey, hay, and tobacco goodness. For me, it dredges up memories of carved pumpkins and piles or orange and yellow leaves that need to be raked in the front yard and old men smoking pipes filled with sweet tobacco.

Linda
I think it has to be Odin 03 (Century) this Autumn. Mind you, most of the time I have my partner wearing it instead of me, but that's just so I can snuggle his neck and sniff him. An always-evolving blend of vanilla-laden amber and woody incense, it's the very breath of fall for me.

Marian
A wisp of scintillating, ethereal lightness and the succulent sweetness of juicy, wild plums balance and beautify the animalic, primordial vigor of Oud Nuh- a luscious, vibrant and magisterial oil hailing from the jungles of Assam.

Marina
Dzongkha
by L'Artisan Parfumeur has always seemed to me to be a perfectly autumnal scent. It certainly hits the spot this Fall, which, this far into October, still carries a lingering breath of the extremely hot summer we had. The hint of floral sweetness of peonies is a nod to the season past, the smoky, earthy, leathery core- a comfort in the cold and the rain. Perfection.

Marla
For fall, I'm wearing a lot of Serge Lutens Bas de Soie, the icy/warm vibe is perfect for the capricious weather we get in Europe this time of year!

Tom
So far this fall we've gone from a hight of 113 (before the official thermometer croaked and rainy mid-fifties. Helping me survive this roller-coaster is Mouchoir de Monsieur, Guerlains almost unbearably suave mens scent that can be demure enough for the heat but ferocious enough for cold. Since Marina asked me to coordinate this clambake I'm cheating and choosing two to round us out to 10: I got a sample of Escentric Molecule 03, the new Vetiver one. It's Vetiver dialed up to 11 and I'm nuts about it...

Please tune in to the other participants: Bois de Jasmin, Grain de Musc, Now Smell This, and Perfume Posse.

Image source, hsart.com.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Claudia0219 said...

My top 5 favorite fall scents right now are: L'Artisan Traversee du Bosphore, SL Boxeuse, L'ether de IUNX, Guerlain Metallica and Joya Composition No.1 (this one is a lovely uplifting fragrance)

8:13 AM EDT  
Anonymous March said...

Chergui seems to get a lot of love from all sorts of people this time of year, and Tom, that Mouchoir is so naughty!

11:39 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My top 5 (at least this week :-)) are:

Bois des Iles
Theorema
Van Cleef's Automne Woody Notes
Chergui
l'Eau des Merveilleuses

lovethescents

12:35 PM EDT  
Anonymous lady jane grey said...

Marina - thank you, thank you, thank you. I so adore Dzonghka - I've never stopped loving it, since the very first sniff years ago.

4:21 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favourite for the month is the gorgeous deep and heady cologne "ASSASSIN" with loads of Oud and hashish by Budparfums. Absolutely fabulous. Cheers, Mouse.

5:57 PM EDT  
Anonymous Tamara*J said...

Marina,I just wanted to say that I (as well as countless others I know!) miss you on here GREATLY.
I even read your old reviews because the way you wrote was so beautiful, it spoke to my heart and never failed to inspire my already avid love for fragrance! Whatever is going on I hope that you are doing well and as happy as you made me and everyone else when you would talk perfume<3

5:47 PM EDT  
Anonymous eleven european mystics said...

"Saudade" say the Brazilian, and that is what one feels for you dear Marina, although the blog is still wonderful. I miss you, and hope you're prospering at and enjoying whatever it is that you're engaged in at present.

2:16 AM EDT  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Ladies, Marina is so absorbed in other things at the moment that she's not even responding to comments, but I made sure she got yours, and I just want to say that I feel the same way!

2:16 PM EDT  
Anonymous Buy Discounted Perfumes said...

I guess most of those on the list were really good perfumes and I personally use some of those. I'll add some of the brands which I like. Here's my list: Opium, White Linen, Euphoria by CK, and Unforgivable by Sean John. I guess there is an SSS (Super Santa Savings) program where you can buy discounted perfumes online.

1:35 AM EST  
Anonymous Bvlgari Perfume said...

My top 5 collection is

Beth
Dona
Linda
Kelley
Marian

6:27 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home