Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Friday, May 14, 2010

Le Jardin Retrouve Jasmin

By Marina

A fragile beauty in a white diaphanous dress...and leather soldier boots - this is Le Jardin Retrouve Jasmin. The central note is innocently fresh and green; the sensuality, usually associated with jasmine, is lended to the blend instead by creamy ylang and fiery carnation, and this sensuality is quite subdued...not a heavy-lidded come-hither allure but a demure suggestiveness.

If you still remember (it's been a while!), I am a sucker for a well done contrast in perfume. I found the juxtaposition of the pseudo-angelic transluscency of jasmine and the brutal tarriness of leather in Le Jardin's rendition of the flower very appealing. There are so many jasmines out there that, to stand out, a scent has to have a twist. Innocent jasmine in itself is somewhat unsual, but the addition of brutish, smoky leather (and, by the way, I have no idea what exactly gives that leathery feel to the composition) "puts shama lama in a ding dong".

Available at Le Jardin Retrouve for modest 29€. I received my sample from people at Le Jardin.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Koki said...

Great to read your review! This sounds divine. I love jasmine and carnation both, don't usually find them together. must.try

8:07 AM EDT  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Yay! A Marina post!

Can you say a little more about this line? Is it only available in France?

9:03 AM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

Ooh, jasmine and leather? That's for me! And so affordable, I must try this line. I have heard of it before but I have never tested any of the perfumes or even seen a bottle!

12:45 AM EDT  
Blogger Ducks said...

Oh lord, it's the Night of the Living Spam Bots.

Marina, this sounds delightful, and the price point is in reach! Thank you for the review!

5:54 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Koki,
Let me know how pronounced the carnation would be on you.

9:57 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Alyssa,
I ~think~, it is only in France, but they sell online internationally. I ~think~.

10:01 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Donna,
You haven't tried any? You must, I know that you will have some favorites there.

10:02 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Linda,
LOL! :)

Hope all is very, very well!

10:02 AM EDT  
Blogger Ducks said...

All is well -- just passed the first trimester, and my nausea is fading. Still don't have my perfumista nose back, though... I'm loving faint scents and hating sillage. Hopefully I will become myself again.

12:32 PM EDT  
Anonymous Marian said...

Two of my favorite notes; innocence and some hard core stompin'- this sounds very inviting. Wish you hadn't mentioned it- I"m try to be "good" :-)

9:09 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often add a dash of Burning Leaves to my jasmine to smoke it up a bit. Leather be the same sorta vibe & this sounds right up my alley. Trust me to lemming a low price point item that is absolutely not available in the US lol

6:52 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see a review of yours again. And -- jasmine, carnation and leather? Like the innocence/experience sound of it, too. -- annunziata

10:32 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home