Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Serge Lutens Santal de Mysore

by Tom

Cruising around this weekend I finally got around to trying this Lutens, which last year joined the group of super-exclusives (super expensive) that are on our shores for $200 in the 50ML bottles.

According to Luckyscent, this is indeed made from sandalwood from Mysore. Apparently it's been over-harvested and no longer available, but they "managed to nab sufficient stocks". It makes for some strong stuff: the sandalwood is heady and creamy rather than the effervescent (and according to the SA at Barneys soon to be gone from the US) Santal Blanc and backed by discernible cumin. One spray is enough for this one, which makes the price a little easier to swallow...

Available at Aedes, Bergdorfs, Barneys and Luckyscent

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger chayaruchama said...

Tomski-

This is a big love of mine; when it came out, friends were good enough to keep me 'stocked'.

Inspiring jus.

7:19 AM EST  
Blogger Proximity said...

I thought I would love this one, and I just adore sandalwood, especially Mysore ... but I just got cloying sticky sweetness, and not much more. I was sad it didn't work on me.

9:16 AM EST  
Anonymous March said...

I just couldn't decide about this one, although on some level it was lovely. It did, however, sell me Cedre. And I have Santal Blanc (aka Le Grande Pencil) so I'm happy!

11:27 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Chaya-

You have nice friends!

3:50 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Proximity-

That's too bad! It works for me a lot. And at the price I alsmost wish it didn't

3:51 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

March-

Love those two!

3:52 PM EST  
Blogger Flora said...

Oy, pretty sure I would love this since it's from MY Serge, but $200? Eek!

4:23 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get the big swoon on cumin. Particularly mixed with a creamy, woody sandalwood. If I want cumin, I can always tuck a gym towel in my bag.

8:03 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

D-

I know. It's rough..

9:05 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

quinncreative-

different strokes...

9:06 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home