Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Beauty - Makeup: MAC Lavender Whip and

As I wrote yesterday with regards to nail polishes, I have been craving this particular violet-lilac-lavender shade ever since I laid my eyes on a Laduree box in violette. I don't like myself dressed in this color, it makes me look too pale, but in lipstick it is perfect. So, of course, as soon as I've seen a preview on Blogdorf Goodman (a source of many of my makeup obsessions), I had to have the new MAC Cremeteam Cremesheen Lipstick in Lavender Whip and Cremesheen Glass Gloss in Ever So Rich.

The texture of the lipstick is lovely, not too opaque and with slight "wet" shimmer, which is exactly what I like. On its own, it is perhaps lavender slash mauve rather than pure lavender, in my opinion, although very pretty. It is when you put Ever So Rich gloss on top that it becomes lavender. It does not look as extreme as on MAC advertisement above, in fact it looks much more natural. The duo has a quality that I call egdy-ethereal. I should have purchased more than one of each, because, of course, it is now sold out.

Available (sporadically, it seems) at maccosmetics.com and nordstrom.com, $14.00 for Lavender Whip, $18.00 for Ever So Rich.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colour! Similar but much pinkier is that pink number in the Hello Kitty collection. I have issues with this type of lighter purples or pinks: they can make teeth appear yellowish. I have never whitened my teeth and naturally they look good, I always take care of them, don't smoke etc, but some colours give them a yellowiness that I hate. You know what I mean?

Wishing I could wear lavender whip,
lovethescents

12:16 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

S,
I know what you mean. I just grin and bear. Or rather - DON'T grin :-)

12:17 PM EDT  
Blogger elle said...

Oh, that looks lovely! Don't think it would work w/ my skin tone, but how I wish it would!

4:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

L,
Actually, I thought so to at first, but it did work.

4:02 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

That's a gorgeous color that I just cannot see myself wearing, even as a shirt.

10:31 PM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

very pretty, but only a color for blondes, I should think. I can't imagine wearing it myself, but I wish I could!

11:17 PM EDT  
Blogger Ducks said...

Wow, that is gorgeous. Gorgeous!

11:21 AM EDT  
Anonymous surely-shirley said...

Oh, Godness!"can't see myself wearing" is a veeeery mild characteristic of this colour!

5:39 PM EDT  
Blogger Tara said...

Marina,

If you still need backup, I just ordered two Lavender Whips from Nordstroms online. They were sold out of Ever So Rich, though.

Have a good day.

Tara

11:28 AM EDT  
Anonymous bruna.com.ua said...

Chanel's certainly different flavors for the last time I bought a Chanel Shop Bruna

5:21 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home