Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Friday, November 25, 2005

Perfume Review: Escada Collection


Escada Collection has been released in 1997 and seems to have been discontinued, but still pops up in the stores here and there, with its ever-changing limited edition bottles. Escada is a warm, rich woody-oriental with the notes of manadarine, cola, tuberose, jasmine, sandalwood, musk and vanilla. It is one of my favorite comfort scents, in fact, it is my ultimate comfort perfume; whenever I am cold, tired and miserable, I put on some Collection and instantly I am soothed and warmed by its sweet, smoky, velvety aroma.

I was quite surprised to see mandarine among the notes of Collection, this note is not at all apparent on my skin. Different lists of notes tell different stories, some have a plum note and some don’t, I believe that it is there, because Collection has certain lush, ripe, sweet fruitiness that smells nothing like mandarine. That sweetness perhaps can also be explained by the presence of the “cola” note, though I am not entirely sure that I can distinguish that accord in Collection. Tuberose adds wonderfull creaminess to the scent, and the blend of sandalwood, musk and vanilla in the drydown is soft and smooth. I do not know where it comes from, perhaps there is a tobacco note here as well, but there is a delectable sweet smokiness in Collection, not unlike that of Cherry Shisha Tobacco used in hookahs (waterpipes, narguiles). Collection is a delicious, sensual, rich scent, very different from Escada’s other rather forgettable offerings, it is a must have for the dreary winter days and nights.

Collection is right now available at Nordstrom, $100.00 for a Limited Edition 1,7oz bottle. The same bottle can often be found on eBay for almost half the price. The rumour has it that Collection has been seen in some TJMaxx and Marshalls stores for as little as $19.99, I have never had such luck and suspect that it is just an urban myth.

*The picture is Caterpillar Smoking a Narguile by John Tenniel.

10 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Dear AngelTea,
The winter here are going to be cold and gloomy too, and my Escada will get a lot of use I am sure. I am not a fan of Escada's other scents either, but this one is quite different from the rest.

8:44 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Mmm...cherry jam...Collection is a little more cherry tobacco than cherry jam on me, but still it is lovely

12:13 PM EST  
Blogger NowSmellThis said...

So true that it is completely different from the rest of the line, but still a wee bit too sweet for me. Always reminds me of Molinard Sweet Candies though, which I do like.

1:12 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

I cannot understand why I dislile Molinard's Sweet Candies as much as I do. I should have liked it...

1:21 PM EST  
Blogger katiedid said...

"The rumour has it that Collection has been seen in some TJMaxx and Marshalls stores for as little as $19.99, I have never had such luck and suspect that it is just an urban myth."

Oh this just makes me howl. So funny and dead on. I haven't spotted anything of this sort either!

Hope your Thanksgiving was great, and I totally would have shared my Tofurky with you if I could have :)

7:27 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Thank you K! It was actually a great day and a great meal...decorating the tree this evening...from one holiday to the next! :-)

7:44 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has been my signature for about five years now...have been purchasing bottles off of ebay until I found a store by me that magically had a shipment of these...selling for $35!!!! I live in New York City, so that might be the reason why I was randomly able to find this. Sounds too good to be true, but as you could imagine I stocked up!!

4:47 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually have seen it in Marshall's (they closed the TJ Maxx in the mall nearest to me) here in Minnesota. For $20.

I think it must be location-based though -- I'd love it if I could get Sunset Heat at that price, which at least one Marshall's in an LA suburb has.

10:44 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i bought the stuff at tj maxx for $21 :)

11:59 PM EST  
Anonymous Escada perfume said...

Escada is my favorite brand. But I am trying to buy this product below $22.

5:09 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home