Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Quel Amour by Annick Goutal


Quel Amour was created by Annick Goutal’s daughter, Camille, as both homage to her mother, and a valentine to her fiancé. This is one of my favorite Goutal creations, a beautiful, effervescent blend of floral (wild rose, peony, and geranium) and fruity (cranberry, red-currant, pomegranate, cherry, and wine peaches) notes. I am not a “pink” kind of a girl and shy away from fragrances that evoke that color, and Quel Amour is one of the very few pink scents that I love and wear. But then this is not a girly twirly pink a la Elle Woods, Quel Amour is a tender pink, the hue of the peonies, delicate, romantic and innocent.

The year I was born, my great-grandfather planted a new shrub of peonies in my honor, in the garden of his country house; every summer, long after his death, they would bloom for me…one of the most touching and loving gifts I have ever received. I see those creamy-pink peonies everytime I smell Quel Amour. There is another reason why Quel Amour is one of the perfumes that remind me of my childhood. It is very reminescent of the candies I used to love as a child, called Barbaris, made with the barberries or berberries, bright red berries about the size of a pomegranate seed, with a tart, fruity flavour. They tasted sweet and yet also mouthwateringly sour, just the way Quel Amour smells. I find that tart and sweet quality absolutely irresistible; Quel Amour is truly one of the prettiest scents I have ever experienced.

Quel Amour was last seen on scentiments for as little as $37.38 for 1,7 oz

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger NowSmellThis said...

I am embarrassed to report that this might be the only AG scent I have never smelled. *hangs head in shame*

10:40 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Hee! There are so many perfumes I have never smelled, and they are creating more and more almost everyday...which is a good thing of course...I guess...

I am not sure if you would like this R. Thought it is not powdery at all, not too sweet...so actually perhaps you might like it.

10:48 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Thank you Vikochka. I didn't like it on a first sniff either, but then I rarely do. But on the second sniff I was smitten. It is so very pretty, an epitome of prettiness.

10:49 AM EDT  
Blogger katiedid said...

Wow, scentiments has an excellent price - for AG that is cheap!

Love the way peonies smell when they grow, and even shortly after being plucked because just a few can fill an entire room with their sweet perfume. (But I have a hard time really loving the smell of peonies on me.) What a wonderful way to remember your great-grandpa, this is a lovely review M.

2:40 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Thank you K! I remember my great grandpa very vaguely, he died when I was 6,but his peonies lived for a long long time, they are probaly still there, though we sold that house.

I don't always like the scent of peonies on me, but it works here, because the tart notes balance the sweetness so well.

2:45 PM EDT  
Blogger Anna, Fair and True said...

Have you learned your fluid ounzes and stuff now?!

Hey, if I may approach a delicate subject - maybe a good way to finish the thing we shouldn't mention is to make it into a blog! ;)

2:55 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Thank you N! I go off Goutals and then I like them again, but her two scents are always like are Eau d'Hadriend and Quel Amour. Oh, forgot Mandragore, but it is a new scent, so we will see how long my love for it will last :-)

2:58 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

A, I stared at your comment for the longest time trying to figure out what is that unmentionable subject...then it hit me...the dreaded "T" word...
Tell me, who on earth woudl read that kind of blog? :-D

I am more comfortable with fl. oz and Fahrenheit and stuff...

3:01 PM EDT  
Blogger Kristen said...

I love AG, but somehow, on me, almost all of her scents open up with this Lemon Pledge smell that is just not attractive. And this happens even if there's supposedly no citrus in the scent! When I wear them I make sure I apply at least 20 minutes before I anticipate being near any other people, lest they think I spent the day polishing furniture.

11:21 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

I know what you mean, certain fragrance lines seem to have a note common to all scents in that line and sometimes that note translates unpleasantly on our skin. For me one such line is Crown Perfumery scents. Each and every one of them, regardless whether it is a floral, a citrus or an oriental, has this lime note on my skin, in the beginning, that I dislike.

11:43 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought a house and it came with peonies...MMMmmm i just loved the smell....just wondered if there was a perfume out there..And now I know ...thanks Lianne

12:33 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home